Monday, October 19, 2009

Story of the Past 10 days

Hello all,

Sorry I have not had the time to write in my blog. But I have been battling midterms, which I did well on, I think, and having had a 4 day break at school.

Last week was my midterms, and I suppose that is when the crazy feelings poped-up. Essentially I felt like I was walking around in a stale haze of sorts. I could not put my finger on it. I felt as thought I was getting sick. Numbers and symbols were poping in and out of my head, when it hit me. I had not slept for about 43 hours and I may have gone a little insane. Really, I was doing a calculus problem and I think I was talking to me. But any who. That was that and the I had fall break. WHICH WAS A GOD SEND.

Four days of fun and relaxation. The Friday that ushered in the eve of the break was fantastic. I went on my first grad-school interview at UMBC. Had a great time. The professors were amazing the students even better. The problem is I am not that into applied Mathematics. I like the theoretical, the stuff my grandfather calls useless. BUT, they had an impeccable program, anyone wanting to go into science or applied math should check out this program.

That was Friday. Saturday was the Interim Assembly for Maryland Student Legislature. And organization that I joined this year to get out of the math department from time to time. Basically it is pretend government. And I dig that. We debated, had fun, made some friends, and some enemies, at the end of the day I was voted in as the Chair of the Tory (Conservative) Caucus.

Other than that life has gone on as normal. Working hard. Having fun, and seeing friends that I have not really seen for months. But with all of this I still have a weird feeling, a feeling that I do not belong. Perhaps I have just gotten bored. Perhaps I really want to go to grad-school or Germany. Further probing of my mind is required.

Untill next time,

John

1 comment:

  1. It is a good life you have, my man. Continue to plow forward, and new and amazing things will be reavealed to you, and you will be a contributor to even greater things.
    Uncle A.

    ReplyDelete