Thursday, September 17, 2009

A fun filled Thursday...maybe

Hello all,

So my day started with me waking up at 2:30 in the afternoon. For some clarity this is normal for me to do on Tuesdays and Thursdays, considering that I operate on the 36 hour day. I don't know why but I have done so since I was a little boy. But that is not important.

I started off my day by talking to my ex-girlfriend on Skype, she is now in London. For some reason I was not very 'warm' to her. I wanted to be but for some reason I could not. I think it has to do, in some weird way, with me missing her. This was on my mind most of the afternoon. Knowing me like I do I have concluded that I miss me too much and that has caused some bizarre emotional burnout on my part. I say that because deep down I love her, I mean we would be together had it not been for her schooling in Britain this year. Now if only I could tell her that I think she would understand but I CANNOT...and that annoys me.

However I vote Republican and therefore am not suppose to have feelings...so don't tell anyone how I feel.

On a completely unrelated note I AM NOT A RACIST. Though many are painting me as such. Even many of my liberal friends claim that the only reason I disagree with Obama is because he is black. Now after thinking about a witty come back I have found a few contradictions that can be used to shove down the liberals throats to get them to shut up.

1) Clearance Thomas is black, therefore is you don't like him you are a racist.
2) Martin Luther King was a Republican and therefore a racist.
3) Alberto Gonzales, disliked and worked for Bush, RACIST

The list goes on and I am sure more and more people can think of obvious contradictions. It annoys me that many are sinking so low. This tells me that there is a clear like of intellectual fortitude among many politicians and reporters.

I am not even sure why RACE becomes an issue. Considering that we do not have a well defined notion of what RACE actually is. Consider this, say that I come from Argentina. And say that I have blond hair and blue eyes. Which many Argentinians have. Now what am I White or Hispanic? It is ambiguous. I contend that race should never be brought up. It appears that race is a notion of ones self. I could claim to be black or white or asian all I want. But supposedly I will be judged, no matter what I call myself. Is it true that race is purely based on skin color? If so then are Jews not a race, like many claim. What about Iranians , many of whom say that they are WHITE, but they have brown skin. When ever someone claims that you are a racist ask them to define race. Then debate them on the ambiguity of their definition. Then make the case that if there is no firm definition for race then there is no way one can be called a racist. Granted there are people that do not like people because of their skin color or because of their heritage. But what ticks me off time and time again is that when I disagree with this president I am a racist. Many people use the term racist to imply that one does not like a person because of their skin. Ok fine, if that is how you want to define it. But in my case, I do not care about skin color. So if I am not in favor of the presidents policies, and am called a racist, but the color of his skin does not matter to me then what? With race is there also an implied political ideology, revert back to Clearance Thomas. Is it not the case then that a only a conservative white man and be 'racist' to a liberal black man. I mean a liberal white man is not racist if he disagrees with a conservative black man. I don't know but it is just a thought...

Till tomorrow

John

1 comment:

  1. Dear John,

    I'm glad we talked and cleared this up. The relationship we had way back when had its up and downs and was very confusing and troubling at times. Your conflicting feelings are making it difficult for me to try to have a friendship with you. I wish you all the best but I really have to get back to my life here, in England.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete